M&G Investments has announced that it will reject a hostile takeover of Provident Financial by rival sub-prime lender Non-Standard Finance. The investment firm, which owns 1.7 per cent of Provident’s stock, has joined Schroders and Coltrane in confirming it will vote against the deal. Read more: Non-Standard Finance confident of watchdog support for £1.3bn Provident bid Shareholders of around 20.2 per cent of Provident shares have said they do not intend to accept the bid. However, NSF lowered the level of acceptances it needed to push forward with its takeover plans from 90 per cent to 50 per cent. “M&G is supportive of Provident’s current strategy and does not believe that a combination with NSF and subsequent break up of the enlarged group will create value for Provident shareholders,” M&G said in a statement this morning. Earlier this month NSF said that investors holding 53.53 per cent of Provident’s issued share capital had accepted the deal and declared that the offer was unconditional in terms of acceptances by investors. Investors Neil Woodford, Invesco and Marathon have backed the offer from the beginning and together own more than 50 per cent of both firms. Read more: Sparks fly as Provident accused… Read full this story
- Díaz: Is MCCCD the victim of a hostile takeover or a conspiracy theory?
- Low-cost airline Norwegian rejects two takeover bids from IAG
- Daimler safeguards against 'hostile takeover' by Geely
- Palestinians in Jerusalem Reject Ramadan Meals Provided by UAE
- Melrose hit by revolt as over fifth of investors reject top bosses’ pay deals
- INAP Reports First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- Halt private investment vehicle, development leaders tell EU
- How are Singaporeans using their first property as an investment?
- Robinhood Investing App Has More Customers Than E-Trade — But There's A Catch
- Virtus Investment Signs Multi-Year Lease At Hartford's 'Gold Building'
M&G Investments rejects hostile takeover of Provident Financial have 310 words, post on www.cityam.com at May 28, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.