Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, right, walks to meet Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at Abe’s official residence in Tokyo Thursday, May 16, 2019. Iran’s foreign minister has said his country is committed to an international nuclear deal and criticized escalating U.S. sanctions “unacceptable” as he met with Japanese officials in Tokyo amid rising tensions in the Middle East. Eugene Hoshiko, Pool AP Photo DUBAI, United Arab Emirates Iran’s foreign minister on Thursday said sanctions imposed by the Trump administration are “unacceptable” but that his country is committed to an international nuclear deal that has steadily unraveled amid rising tensions. On a visit to Tokyo, Mohammad Zarif defended Iran’s right to respond to the U.S. pullout from the nuclear deal last year and the imposition of sanctions. “We believe that escalation by the United States is unacceptable and uncalled for. We have exercised maximum restraints,” he said. In other comments carried on the semi-official Mehr news agency, Zarif was quoted as saying “a multilateral deal cannot be treated unilaterally.” Recent days have brought allegations of sabotage attacks targeting oil tankers off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, a drone attack on a Saudi oil pipeline claimed by Yemen’s… Read full this story
- Iran says it’s defused 2nd cyberattack in less than a week
- Iran Says it's Defused 2nd Cyberattack in Less Than a Week
- Iran says it's defused 2nd cyberattack in less than a week
- Israel 'strikes inside Lebanon' amid rising tensions in region
- Iran says it's foiled major 'organized' attack on government servers
- Iran's Rouhani to visit Japan amid heightened tensions with U.S.
- Iran says it has seized foreign oil tanker and crew in the Persian Gulf
- Turkey delivers armed drone to northern Cyprus amid growing tension
- China's second aircraft carrier 'Shandong' enters service as Beijing boosts military firepower amid escalating tensions with self-ruled Taiwan and the US
- U.S. spy aircraft flies over Korea amid mounting tensions
Iran says US sanctions ‘unacceptable’ amid Gulf tensions have 332 words, post on www.miamiherald.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.