Since The Shade Room launched in 2014, it’s gone from a small-time gossip account to a full-blown pop culture powerhouse. The Shade Room’s spin on hot topics speaks directly and authentically to its largely black community (affectionately called Roommates), and spans across its website, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. But it got its start and has the strongest presence on Instagram, where it has more than 15 million followers. According to The Shade Room, it was the second most popular publisher on Instagram last year in terms of likes and comments. It receives more than 1.5 billion impressions and reaches about 32 million people per week, and it’s grown at a rate of 5 million or more followers per year. (Instagram couldn’t divulge analytics of a specific account, but a representative did say The Shade Room is one of their top accounts.) It’s the kind of growth that has attracted flush investors, but The Shade Room founder and CEO Angie Nwandu says she’s only accepted a relatively modest investment of $100,000 from venture capitalist Bryce Roberts, who also gave her some invaluable advice. “If I had never met him, I would’ve taken millions of investors’ dollars, because that was my idea… Read full this story
- Who Was Bradley Cooper Married To? Jennifer Esposito Shades Ex on Instagram About Lady Gaga Rumors
- Hair, makeup, newborn: Moms go glam in delivery room for 'perfect social media photo'
- Instagram, social media may cause kids to eat more calories, junk food
- Instagram, social media could fuel childhood obesity: Pediatrics study
- My Turn: The news media, confirmation bias and why facts don’t matter
- Lamont turns to social media for advice on cost savings
- Instagram Egg Speaks Out In Super Bowl Ad: 'I've Started To Crack'
- Opinion: Veganism — a social movement made on social media – The Review
- Albany Empire will open season April 27 at home
- Empire State Plaza gym to open next month
How The Shade Room turned Instagram gossip into a media empire have 321 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.