Southern Nevada homebuyers’ shift toward less-expensive offerings in the construction market continued last month with more interest in North Las Vegas and attached homes, a new report shows.
Developers closed 875 new-home sales in Southern Nevada in April, up 1.3 percent from April 2018, according to Las Vegas-based Home Builders Research.
Buyers paid a median of $389,819 for last month’s closings, up 4.7 percent year-over-year.
Overall, builders closed 3,168 sales this year through April, down 3.1 percent from the same four-month stretch last year, Home Builders Research reported.
“With the spring selling season in full swing, Southern Nevada homebuilders have shown consistent, though maybe not very exciting, sales numbers,” Home Builders Research President Andrew Smith wrote in the report.
Single-family houses dominate Las Vegas’ home construction market, but sales are slipping as buyers gravitate toward lower-priced condos and townhomes.
Developers closed 750 sales of single-family houses last month — down 4.3 percent from April of last year — for a median price of $401,491, Home Builders Research reported.
Meanwhile, builders closed 125 sales of attached homes last month – up 56 percent – for a median price of $280,000.
North Las Vegas accounted for 19 percent of builders’ newly signed sales contracts in Southern Nevada last month, up from 13 percent in April 2018, according to Home Builders Research.
Buyers picked up around 9,280 previously owned single-family homes this year through April, down almost 11 percent from the same four-month period in 2018, according to Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors data.
- More than 40,000 turn out for Las Vegas July Fourth parade
- The Latest: Police release more Las Vegas shooting records
- Judge: 10 shots show intent of retired Las Vegas detective
- Donations, pigs part of Las Vegas' efforts to cut food waste
- Man pleads not guilty in Las Vegas mall terror case
- Police to release more records from Las Vegas Strip shooting
- Body camera images show officers searching Las Vegas casinos
- Speaker Ryan campaigns for GOP candidate Hardy in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas woman faces 10 years after fatal crash murder plea
- Police identify woman sought in Las Vegas manicurist death