Published May 01, 2019 Markets Motley Fool Facebook Twitter Comments Print Walker & Dunlop (NYSE: WD) makes money by helping real estate developers find the financing they need to build their projects. When times are good, real estate financing is a lucrative business, and Walker & Dunlop has done a good job over the long run of capitalizing on lucrative opportunities in the sector. However, there’s been concern lately that the good times in real estate might finally come to an end in the near future. Coming into Wednesday’s first-quarter financial report, Walker & Dunlop investors were looking for solid revenue gains despite projecting some pressure on the bottom line. Instead, Walker & Dunlop had much stronger growth across its income statement, and things look poised for continued success throughout 2019. Continue Reading Below Walker & Dunlop springs forward Walker & Dunlop’s first-quarter results showed accelerating growth. Revenue jumped 27% to $187.4 million, blowing away calls for just 10% top-line growth. Net income climbed 20% to $44.2 million, and that produced earnings of $1.39 per share, comparing favorably against the consensus forecast among investors for $1.12 per share. Walker & Dunlop’s fundamental business metrics continued to look impressive. Total transaction… Read full this story
- Welcome to Crazytown, aka the Greater Boston real estate market
- 'Hottest Real Estate Markets' Include Indiana Locales
- GR office real estate market continues to tighten
- Why was Rochester's real estate market ranked No. 1?
- Commercial real estate market continues to flourish
- Rochester named No. 1 hottest real estate market
- York County real estate market sees double-digit sales slump
- What Is Going On With the Denver Metro Real Estate Market?
- Tampa Bay's commercial real estate market 'is on fire'
- In the High-Flying Hamptons, Real Estate Is in a Rut
Healthy Real Estate Markets Lift Walker & Dunlop have 289 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at May 1, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.