(Reuters) – Valtteri Bottas continued the Mercedes domination of Formula One with the fastest lap in testing at Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya on Tuesday. The Finn, second in the championship after losing to team mate Lewis Hamilton in Sunday’s Spanish Grand Prix, lapped with a best time of one minute 15.511 seconds. The time was slower than his Saturday pole of 1:15.406 but still considerably quicker than Hamilton’s best lap in qualifying. Bottas also did 131 laps, the equivalent of almost two race distances. Champions Mercedes have won all of the first five races of the season with one-two finishes. Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc was second fastest in 1:16.933 with Toro Rosso’s Daniil Kvyat third on the timesheets in 1:17.679. Canadian Nicholas Latifi, the Williams reserve driver, covered the most distance with 134 laps but was also the slowest. Britain’s Callum Ilott tested for Alfa Romeo but crashed heavily in the afternoon, escaping injury but damaging the car. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Ken Ferris)
- F1 Testing: Valterri Bottas Puts Mercedes On Top But Lewis Hamilton Says Still "Not Perfect"
- Mercedes’ Bottas fastest on final day of F1 preseason
- Bottas puts Mercedes on top but Hamilton says still ‘not perfect’
- Bottas puts Mercedes on top but Hamilton says still 'not perfect'
- Daniel Ricciardo finishes third overall in monster 2020 Formula 1 test result
- Mercedes head for Australia as top team in F1 testing
- Sergio Pérez fastest early on second day of F1 testing in Spain
- Alfa Romeo’s Kubica fastest as F1 preseason testing resumes
- Formula 1 grid reacts to Mercedes’ revolutionary design move
- F1 Testing, Test Two Day One: Robert Kubica ahead for Alfa Romeo
Bottas fastest for Mercedes in Barcelona test have 278 words, post on www.euronews.com at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.