The technology world is a funny place. One day you think a device is dead, or at least well on its way to being discontinued. The next, it’s back with a whole new breath of fresh air.
That was on full display on Tuesday when Apple unveiled a new version of the iPod Touch . The new model, which costs $199, features a design similar to the old iPhone 7, but offers a new A10 Fusion chip and support for Group FaceTime.
If you did a double-take on that, don’t feel bad. Yes, the iPod (not the iPhone) was refreshed on Tuesday.
And although the iPod and music players have become obsolete, there are some compelling reasons to actually buy one. And of course, there’s one big reason not to buy an iPod Touch.
Buy Reason 1: A Great Price
Look, it’s not easy to find an affordable Apple device. But the iPod Touch bucks that trend.
For a device that has full access to the App Store, works with Apple Music, and comes with a relatively nice (albeit, outdated) design, you only need to plunk down $199.
Try to find another Apple mobile device that comes with such an affordable price and value for it.
Buy Reason 2: Plenty of Apps
The iPod Touch runs Apple’s latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system iOS 12. That means the device can deliver the same exact mobile experience you’d get in the company’s $999 iPhone XS or $1,099 iPhone XS Max.
It also means that if you buy an iPod Touch, you’ll be able to run most of the apps available in Apple’s App Store. There might be cases where the iPod Touch will buckle under the app’s power requirements, but for the vast majority of apps, it’ll work just fine.
Whether you want to use the iPod Touch as a fitness tracker, game player, or productivity tool, it can do it with help from third-party apps. And there’s something to be said for that.
Buy Reason 3: The Power You Need
As discussed, the iPod Touch might not be able to work with every app you throw at it. But in most cases, it’ll work just fine. And at that price, there’s real value in that.
Like it or not, tech companies want to push you to the most powerful hardware on store shelves. After all, a higher price drives more revenue and in some cases, higher profitability. But the fact is, many lower-end devices can get the job done on the power front. And in those cases, you can save a few bucks by not opting for the more powerful and more expensive alternative.
Biggest Reason Not to Buy: iPhone
OK, so there’s one big problem with buying the iPod Touch: in the vast majority of cases, it still makes no sense.
Yes, the iPod Touch comes with a nice design, plenty of apps, and solid power. But it also lacks phone support, and you’ll still need an iPhone if you want to place calls. That means you’ll be carrying two devices to access your apps, place calls, and listen to music.
So, if you’re in the market for a new music player and don’t need or want a phone, the iPod Touch seems like a good option. But for everyone else–which is most folks–the iPod Touch is a nonstarter.
- 3 Reasons why the iPad is not just a bigger iPod Touch
- Apple's Beats just announced new noise-canceling headphones with 'Hey Siri'
- Buying iPod Touch Through an Auction Site
- Emergency Charger For iPod Touch:- What Are The Available Options?
- The quality emergency charger for ipod touch
- Car Dealer Selling New Car at Reasonable Prices
- Five Great Expectations for Apple Event in September
- Shared With Best Memories Apple iphone 3G Black
- Apple Arcade: Everything to know about new gaming subscription service
- RIP iTunes: Apple kills its music-subscription service after 16 years in latest Mac update and replaces it with three separate apps for music, films and podcasts
- Google Stadia vs. Apple Arcade game services: Everything we know
- Apple Corporation: the iPod advertisement
- Apple Event 2019: iPhone 11 Pro, Watch Series 5, Apple Arcade, iPad and everything announced
- Now is the best time to buy a new iPhone, Galaxy S9, Note 9, Pixel 3
- Bigger and better in every way: Apple's XS really does take the iPhone to the Max
- How to preorder the new Apple Watch Series 5
- Microsoft unveils its Surface Laptop 3 that is THREE TIMES faster than a MacBook Air along with futuristic new earbuds and dual-screen notepad
- The New AirPods Are Fine
- The Apple Card Is Great at Privacy but Mediocre Overall
- The Unknown Facts about IPod
Apple Just Announced a New iPod Touch. 3 Reasons Why You Should Buy It--and 1 Big Reason Not to have 769 words, post on www.inc.com at May 28, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.