Solskjaer is already in emergency mode There were plenty of reasons to appoint Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. The short-term change in mood following Jose Mourinho’s departure really did lift supporters off their knees and players out of their gloom. But quite why United felt it necessary to confirm his announcement before the end of the season is unclear, given that everything was going so well before then. His permanent appointment has coincided with another dismal run of performances. It sounds faintly ludicrous given how long he has been in the job, but Solskjaer is already fighting a tide of shifting opinion. With Mauricio Pochettino leading Tottenham into the Champions League semi-finals, the comparison with Solskjaer is suddenly deeply unflattering. Have United gone for the helpful distraction rather than necessary reset that Pochettino — or any other manager with successful high-level experience — might have provided? But United don’t need any comparisons with Tottenham and Pochettino to look bad at the moment; the performance at Everton was truly appalling. They lacked invention, fight, and rhythm, and if we expected a second-half response it never came. That makes it five consecutive away defeats. Lose to Manchester City on Wednesday, and their chances of… Read full this story
- UN secretary-general to appoint top Swiss diplomat as Myanmar envoy
- Trump needs to start getting serious about Syria
- Did King David's Lost Biblical Kingdom Really Exist?
- More than missile strikes needed
- Many women report not feeling completely informed about breast cancer treatment options
- Comments for : Nokia's Chris Weber confirms a Lumia Windows Phone with the PureView camera tech is in the works
- Passenger in need of fresh air opens emergency door on China flight
- Study: Parents help shape how much pain preschoolers feel after vaccination
- Industry Urges United Nations to Ban Lethal Autonomous Weapons in New Open Letter
- Apple needs two more Android apps
Why did United feel the need to confirm Solskjaer appointment? have 300 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at April 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.