The United Kingdom has snatched the top spot in a survey that ranks how attractive countries are as investment destinations over the coming year.
Despite “continued uncertainty stemming from its intention to leave the European Union”, the UK knocked the United States off its perch, which it had held since 2014, according to the data conducted by accountancy firm EY.
Germany, China and France pulled in closely behind, followed by Canada, India, Australia, Brazil and the United Arab Emirates.
Last year, the UK accounted for 10pc of global merger and acquisition activity worth a combined $400bn (£350bn). Its top investment sectors were consumer products and retail, industrials and financial services….
Start your free trial of Premium
- Access all Premium articles
- Subscriber-only events
- Cancel any time
Free for 30 days
then only £2 per week
Access one Premium article per week
- Top 30 Ranked Best Buys - Online MBAs - AACSB Accredited
- Delhi-the Best Investment Destination
- Las Vegas: The Premier Real Estate Investment Destination
- The Best Investment - To Get Higher Growth With Low Risk
- Google Top 10 Ranking Using The Raw Power Of Web 2.0
- Press Release + PRWeb = Top Google Rank... True or False?
- The Power of Top Site Rankings - How Being on the Top of the List Has Its Benefits
- Google Top 10 Rankings - How To Get Google Top 10 Rankings By Changing Just 1 Component On The Page
- Top 7 Types of Investment Properties
- Choosing The Best Investment For You