For most travelers, airports are a necessary evil. But some savvy hubs have gone all out with luxury lounges that cater to weary passengers’ every desire—including spa treatments, whiskey walls, private double-bed suites, and celebrity chef-endorsed menus.
The Sala VIP Internacional at Quito International Airport in Ecuador just won Priority Pass’ Global Airport Lounge of the Year Award, based on reviews by 52,000 Priority Pass members on service, experience, refreshments and business facilities.
The terrace offers panoramic views of Quito Priority Pass
Designed by Adriana Hoyos Design Studio, the Sala VIP Internacional lounge offers panoramic views of the city—as well as Quito’s legendary sunsets—from an outdoor terrace, where jasmine blossoms grow. Inside, locally sourced furnishings create an atmosphere of modern elegence.
“We’re proud to offer a universal space where passengers can relax and unwind while still capturing the special Quito spirit—warmth, colour and great food!” said Andrew O’Brian, President and CEO at Quiport.
Regional winners included the Primeclass Riga Business Lounge at Riga International Airport in Latvia, Ahlan Lounge at B at Dubai International Airport and theEldorado Lounge at Bogota El Dorado International Airport in Colombia.
Priority Pass grants members access to more than 1,200 airport lounges in over 500 cities worldwide.
- Are airport lounge passes worthwhile – and which is the best?
- Step inside this stunning converted barn in Northumberland
- This pint-size Aigburth terrace looks totally different once you step inside
- Step inside Hertfordshire’s festive wonderland
- Edinburgh wins ‘Britain’s best airport’ title
- Believe in dreams: step inside Wonderland with Tiffany & Co. this Christmas
- The world's best first class? Bedding down in Singapore Airlines' Suites
- Turkey's Erdogan inaugurates 'world's largest airport' in Istanbul
- Top Northern Ireland chef goes from lambing in Antrim to cooking at Meghan's wedding to world's best
- Northern Ireland named world's Best Food Destination at prestigious tourism awards