Jakarta (ANTARA) – Indonesian Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs A.M. Fachir voiced the Indonesian government’s steadfast commitment to boosting the nation’s food security and guaranteeing the welfare of farmers. “Indonesia is and will continue to stick to its commitment to achieve, maintain, and enhance food security and nutrition alongside guaranteeing the welfare of farmers,” Minister Fachir emphasized here on Thursday. The minister delivered the statement at the opening session of the Regional Conference on Strengthening Southeast Asia Food Security, Nutrition, and Farmer Welfare through the UN Decade of Family Farming. Fachir pointed out that Indonesia had continued to prioritize food security in its national development agenda. “Indonesia, home to some 260 million people, has given top priority to food security as national security. It is crucial that we ensure food security, particularly since it will impact not only us as a country but the region too,” he reiterated. The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) stated that Indonesia had progressed notably in terms of agricultural development in recent years, as was apparent by Indonesia’s cereal production doubling in the three decades covering 1979-2009 period. “The FAO noted that Indonesia, one of the world’s most populous nations, had managed to… Read full this story
- Bridging the gap between African farmers and the Bay Area coffee industry
- China: Xi Jinping’s Sudden Food Waste Panic Unrelated to Floods Destroying Crops
- USMCA leads some produce farmers to fear they'll get left behind
- Across China: Restaurant business serves food for thought -- waste not, want not
- Free Drive-Thru Food Distribution In Santa Monica August 12
- Philadelphia Sheriff’s Office Partners With Local Community Groups To Ensure Families In Need Have Food
- Is China’s Fishing Fleet a Growing Security Threat?
- Slovenia, US Sign Declaration on Security of 5G Networks
- Citizens show interest in post-COVID-19 social security policies
- World Food Programme to send 50,000 T of wheat flour to Lebanon
Indonesia committed to enhancing food security, farmers' welfare have 322 words, post on en.antaranews.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.