The line inside the Philadelphia convention center stretches several hundred feet, three or four people thick with giddy lacrosse fans, many of them kids with their parents in tow. They have traveled from all over the country to attend LaxCon, the annual event sponsored by U.S. Lacrosse (the sport’s official governing body), which offers three days of clinics, demos, vendor exhibits, and a chance to share oxygen with the world’s greatest lacrosse players, including the most famous of them all, Paul Rabil, who is at the head of this queue, greeting fans and posing for photos. advertisement advertisement This year, the Major League Lacrosse (MLL) star known for his brawn, speed, and skill is here on a mission of his own: to promote the Premier Lacrosse League (PLL), which he and his brother, Mike, launched last fall. Rabil and nearly 160 of the world’s top players have opted out of playing for the 18-year-old MLL to join the PLL, lured by a guaranteed minimum salary about two or three times higher than the MLL’s as well as healthcare, coverage on NBC, a touring schedule set to begin on June 1, and an equity stake—a first for a professional sports league. The… Read full this story
- Star Wars: Battlefront Aiming for 60fps, Will Have Destruction Where Appropriate
- Star Wars Battlefront Aiming for T Rating
- Indiana Pacers star Paul George lands cover of NBA 2K17
- Celeb barbers, delays, and light shows – why last night’s eChampions FIFA tournament on Sky Sports was one of the worst ever
- International cooperation: key to national sports development strategy
- FIFA 19 Players With 5 Star Skills Leaked, Includes Marcelo, Coutinho And More
- EA "Closely Monitoring" The Situation Following Rape Allegation Against FIFA 19 Cover Star
- EA UFC 3 release date confirmed for 2 Feb, Conor McGregor named cover star
- Madden 19 Cover Star Is Antonio Brown, Longshot Returns
- The Solo: A Star Wars Story writers discuss the film's tone: "We’re not dealing with the spiritual side"
How lacrosse star Paul Rabil aims to redefine professional sports have 333 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.