LONDON (Reuters) – The United Kingdom has defied the uncertainty over Brexit to land the number one spot in a ranking of how attractive countries are for business investors over the coming year, according to a survey published on Monday. The UK overtook the United States, holder of the top spot since 2014, which was followed by Germany, China and France, according to EY, an accountancy firm which conducted the survey. “While the UK’s position may surprise some, given current uncertainty, mergers and acquisitions activity during the period since the 2016 EU referendum has remained strong,” EY said. Nearly three years after voters decided to take the country out of the European Union, the terms of Brexit remain unclear. The threat of a no-deal shock to the economy was averted, at least for the time being, when Prime Minister Theresa May last week secured a Brexit delay until Oct. 31. British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt met Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Monday to try to reassure him that Brexit should not affect Japanese investments in the country which employ hundreds of thousands of workers. The EY survey showed China returned to the top five investment destinations for the next… Read full this story
- Shanghai Ranking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2018 – Public Health
- Brexit forces UK Jews to to apply for German citizenship
- What Does a 'Hard Brexit' Mean For The Global Auto Industry?
- Google’s Top Search Ranking Factors of 2016, According to Searchmetrics Study
- Destination Search Engine Marketing, Part I: Do you Deserve Top Search Rankings?
- The Top 5 Ranking Factors 2015
- VW retains lead as top global automaker; Renault-Nissan close second
- Amid Brexit Impasse, UK Leader to Seek New Delay
- Jaguar Land Rover begins Brexit-linked UK plant shutdowns
- SEO World Rankings 2018 – The Top Global Domains and Big Winners
Brexit-bound UK tops global ranking for M&A appeal have 302 words, post on www.euronews.com at April 15, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.