Vince Ellis Detroit Free Press
Published 7:49 PM EDT Apr 20, 2019
Signs pointed to Blake Griffin being able to go in Game 3 of the Detroit Pistons’ first-round series against the Milwaukee Bucks.
It would appear that’s the case.
The Pistons star is listed as active Saturday for the first postseason game ever at Little Caesars Arena, as the Pistons try to bounce back against the Milwaukee Bucks after blowout losses in Milwaukee. Griffin missed the first two games of the series.
“He is feeling much, much better, so we will go from there,” Pistons coach Dwane Casey said during pregame media availability.
The Pistons trail the Milwaukee Bucks, 2-0, in the best-of-seven first-round series with Game 4 coming Monday night at LCA.
Griffin hurt his knee toward the end of the season and took himself out of the lineup after warmups before the Pistons’ 99-90 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers on March 30.
Read more: Is Giannis Antetokounmpo showing signs of fatigue already?
The power forward missed the next two games before returning to score 45 points at Oklahoma City in a road loss on April 5. He struggled the next two games, scoring five points in 18 minutes in a win over Memphis.
He didn’t play against the New York Knicks in the regular-season finale.
Griffin told reporters after the Pistons’ Game 1 loss in Milwaukee he wanted to play but it wasn’t his decision.
“If it was pain, I would easily play with pain,” Griffin said following the Pistons’ 121-86 loss at Fiserv Forum. “If it was just my decision, I would have played.”
Griffin averages 24.5 points per game and is the No. 1 option on offense for the Pistons.
The Pistons are 2-7 without Griffin this season.
Griffin was in good spirits following the Game 2 loss at Milwaukee and said he was feeling better.
More: Bucks All-Star Khris Middleton learned this vital lesson in short Pistons stay
Follow Vince Ellis on Twitter @vincent_ellis56. Read more on the Detroit Pistons and sign up for our Pistons newsletter.
- Clippers’ Blake Griffin leaves Houston Rockets game with back spasm
- Blake Griffin sick but still playing vs. Trail Blazers
- Blake Griffin steps up shooting game
- Orlando Magic at Detroit Pistons game preview
- Damian Lillard replaces Blake Griffin in All-Star Game
- Miami Heat at Detroit Pistons game preview
- Source: Redskins QB Griffin to start next game vs. Vikings
- Seahawks RB Lynch active for playoff game vs. Carolina
- Griffin, Clippers sink Pistons in overtime, 105-103
- WATCH: Blake Griffin reverse dunks on two Piston defenders