Barbara Bush didn’t bite her tongue in recent years when it came to Donald Trump: She just didn’t like him. But a new biography of the former first lady finds that her disdain for the Republican president, who transformed the party her own family had embodied for generations into his likeness, dates as least as far back as a 1990s diary entry. She referred to Trump in the entry as “the real symbol of greed in the 80s.” Mrs. Bush, who was 92 when she died last April , gave Susan Page, author of “The Matriarch: Barbara Bush and the Making of an American Dynasty,” access to volumes of her diaries, which she began keeping in 1948. The former first lady recounts in a January 1990 entry about reading a news article on Trump speaking at a Los Angeles charity awards dinner for Merv Griffin. Former President Ronald Reagan and his wife, Nancy, attended the gala, and Trump needled the former president over pricey speeches he had given in Japan. Mrs. Bush later showed a friend news clips about Trump’s separation from his first wife, Ivana, and noted that allies of the soon-to-be ex-Mrs. Trump were saying a $25 million… Read full this story
- Barbara Bush Funeral: Family, Friends & Past Presidents Say Goodbye to Former First Lady
- Surprise! Barbara Pierce Bush Had a Second Wedding in Texas 6 Months After Secretly Marrying Husband Craig
- Jenna Bush Hager Rings in 2020 at the Beach After a Big Year Focused on Family: 'How Wonderful Life Is'
- Jenna Bush Hager Was Actually (Sort Of) Serious When She Tried to Set Up Sister Barbara with Prince Harry: 'My Parents Were Set Up on a Blind Date'
- The Bushes Plan to Skydive for H. W. Bush's 100th Birthday: How They're Continuing His Public Service Legacy Today
- 1 Year After George H. W.'s Death, How the Bush Family Is Asking Others to Give Back
- Barbara Pierce Bush Recalls Her Grandfather’s Devotion to Her — and a Stuffed Tiger Named Spikey
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Craig Coyne, Who Just Married George W. Bush’s Daughter Barbara — Again!
- George W. Bush's Daughter Barbara Ties the Knot in Secret, Sentimental Wedding Ceremony
- Glitter Club! Inside Barbara Pierce Bush's Close Bond with Twin Jenna Bush Hager's Daughters
Barbara Bush Saw Trump as a 'symbol of Greed' have 381 words, post on www.newsmax.com at March 31, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.