Airlines are diffusing new scents across airports and onboard jets. Airlines are diffusing new scents across airports and onboard jets. Photo: Chris McGinnis Photo: Chris McGinnis Image 1 of / 93 Caption Close Image 1 of 93 Airlines are diffusing new scents across airports and onboard jets. Airlines are diffusing new scents across airports and onboard jets. Photo: Chris McGinnis Airlines take flight with branded scents 1 / 93 Back to Gallery TravelSkills on SFGate is brought to you by Visa . United frequent flier Katherine Wenglikowski loathes the stinky smell of public bathrooms, but she was pleasantly surprised by what she found in the lavatory on a recent United Airlines flight from Los Angeles to Newark, N.J. The aroma of grapefruit. She couldn’t help but notice the same smell on the return flight too. “I’m largely scent challenged and find most overwhelming, but this grapefruit one is working for me,” she said. In recent years, U.S. airlines have rolled out their own custom fragrances as part aromatherapy and part branding exercise. Big luxe-hotel chains, like Westin, Ritz-Carlton, and Shangri-La, have for decades scented their lobbies, gyms, and meeting rooms as a marketing mechanism. The use of scent to sell everything from… Read full this story
- United Airlines flight from Knoxville to Houston is forced to divert to Dallas after overheated cockpit screens went BLANK in mid-air and pilot feared he would have to 'fly blind'
- Computer glitch halts United Airlines flights for two hours
- 'Emotional support peacock' turned away from United Airlines flight
- Vietnam Airlines’ flight carries stranded citizens in Equatorial Guinea home
- 14 Hawaiian Airlines flight attendants test positive for coronavirus
- Dog dies in overhead locker on United Airlines flight
- Hawaiian Airlines flight attendant dies of coronavirus, carrier confirms
- Flight attendant 'poisoned' by aircraft fumes wins payout, sparking fears over passengers breathing 'toxic air'
- United Airlines' mask mandate expands to areas in airports
- Huge applause as ‘American Airlines Karen’ is escorted off plane for refusing to wear a mask
Airlines take flight with branded scents have 329 words, post on www.sfgate.com at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.