FILE – In this Dec. 2, 2018, file photo, Honduran migrants climb over a section of the U.S. border fence from Playas of Tijuana, Mexico, before handing themselves in to border control agents. A surge in family arrivals, largely from Guatemala and Honduras, has led Border Patrol agents to shift attention from preparing criminal cases to caring for children. (AP Photo/Rebecca Blackwell, File) WASHINGTON – The American Civil Liberties Union on Thursday asked a judge in California to block the Trump administration from building a border wall using funds obtained through his national emergency declaration. The court papers say President Donald Trump has overstepped his executive powers by diverting funds from the Department of Defense for a border wall and the threat is pressing because efforts by Congress to stop him have failed, and building plans are starting to come into focus. Lawyers asked for a hearing as soon as possible. Trump has said he will shift $3.6 billion from military construction to erecting border barriers and plans are taking shape. Congress has voted to provide less than $1.4 billion for border barriers, leaving Democrats and some Republicans fuming that Trump is abusing his powers by ignoring Congress’ constitutional control… Read full this story
- Trump Pushes for Only One Fifth of Border Wall Funding
- Donald Trump sued by 16 states over ‘illegal’ national emergency declaration to get border wall funds
- Donald Trump issues first veto in bid to secure border wall funding
- Congressional lawmakers reach deal on Donald Trump's border wall funding
- Trump Prepares For A New Fight Over Border Wall Funding
- Jared Kushner Wants a 24/7 Livestream of Border-Wall Construction: Report
- What does State of Emergency mean, why will Donald Trump sign a funding bill and how does it affect the border wall?
- Jared Kushner is launching 24/7 surveillance cameras at the border next year to live stream Trump's wall being built amid criticism the president is failing to deliver on his election promise
- Protesters await Trump's California trip as he visits border wall prototypes
- It’s Up to Chief Justice John Roberts to Stop Trump’s Border Wall
ACLU seeks to stop Trump on border wall funding have 347 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.