A road trip up or down the California coast is a bucket list item for many travelers, local and international alike. There are beautiful beaches, adorable restaurants and insane photo ops along Highway 1. Plus, just driving down the Pacific Coast Highway is a big part of the fun. Click through the slideshow at the top of this story for 25 reasons you should take a Highway 1 road trip from San Francisco to Big Sur. NORCAL TRAVEL: The coolest thing to do in each Northern California county The sights in the slideshow are ordered from north to south, between San Francisco and San Simeon. Use our suggestions to customize your own road trip itinerary depending on your tastes, budget and destination. Don’t forget to leave some stops for the ride back! Now Playing: New Zealand-based company Jucy converts minivans into camping vans. The backseat is turned into a versatile lounging and sleeping area and a kitchen is installed in the trunk. We tested one out on a camping trip in Big Sur. Video: Alix Martichoux / SFGATE ALSO READ: The coolest thing to do in each Bay Area city If Big Sur feels “been there done that,” you can always… Read full this story
- This San Francisco neighborhood had an actual castle: Glen Park then and now
- What San Francisco looked like 100 years ago
- San Francisco looks to extend streak vs Portland
- Even locals may not know these San Francisco neighborhoods ever existed
- Harry Houdini was ready to hang up his handcuffs. Then, San Francisco helped save his career.
- Fisherman Shares His Catch With Those In Need At San Francisco’s Glide Memorial Church
- Man Who Dragged Officer During Traffic Stop Arrested In San Francisco After Pursuit
- Car thefts surging in San Francisco
- San Francisco Cafes Are Banishing Disposable Coffee Cups
- San Francisco Cafes Banning Disposable Coffee Cups
25 reasons to take a Highway 1 road trip from San Francisco to Big Sur have 310 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at April 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.