Michelle Obama should feel happy vibes at the Xcel Energy Center on Wednesday when a sold-out arena of 16,000 fans hears her talk about her best-selling memoir “Becoming.” It was at the X that her husband, Barack Obama, gave his victory speech in June 2008 after he had won the Democratic nomination for president of the United States. During the evening, the Obamas did a little fist bump that was caught by photographers and widely published. A framed copy of that moment will be given to Michelle Obama on Wednesday as a token of her St. Paul appearances, according to the X’s vice president and general manager, Jack Larson, who says “it was the fist bump heard around the world.” Larson says it was a natural for the Obama tour, titled “Becoming: An Intimate Conversation with Michelle Obama,” to book the X because the venue has history with promoter Live Nation (co-sponsored by Crown Publishing). “Live Nation does a lot of shows here with several coming up this year, including Bruno Mars, Pink and Cher,” Larson said. So hosting rock stars is not a big deal for Larson’s staff, but he admits “there’s never been anything quite like this,” referring… Read full this story
- How to Go on a Virtual Book Tour
- Virtual Book Tours - Being Part of a Team Means Commitment and Consideration
- The Michelle Obama Effect
- 5 Must Do Exercises For Michelle Obama Arms
- Michelle Obama's Changing Hairstyles
- First Lady Michelle Obama Sets the Stage For Style
- How Will First Lady Michelle Obama Re-Decorate the White House?
- Bridal Jewelry Inspired by Michelle Obama
- Michelle Obama Grows an Organic Garden on the White House Lawn
- Michelle Obama's Victory Garden
Superfans gear up for Michelle Obama’s book tour stop at the X have 286 words, post on www.twincities.com at March 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.