caption The Samsung Galaxy Fold. source Samsung/YouTube Samsung last month unveiled the Galaxy Fold, a foldable smartphone that starts at $1,980. Buying the Galaxy Fold at launch carries a lot of risks, but the biggest issue is that Samsung phones still get Android updates months after they’re released. The Galaxy Fold is a gorgeous, innovative smartphone. But at the end of the day, you’re still paying $2,000 for an Android phone that gets software updates months after they’ve been released. The last major Android update, Android 9.0 “Pie,” rolled out in August 2018. Google’s Pixel phones, and even the Essential Phone, got the software update almost immediately. Meanwhile, Samsung’s Galaxy S9 and Note 9 phones just got Android Pie in February – six months after the software became available. This was the case with the last major Android release as well. Google rolled out Android 8.0 “Oreo” in August 2017, but Samsung’s phones didn’t get the software until March 2018 – seven months after the fact. Compare that to Apple’s software updates: iOS 12, the last major software update, was made available to every iPhone simultaneously, dating back to the iPhone 5S from 2013. Apple also releases routine bug fixes… Read full this story
- Will my phone get Android Oreo in India?
- Solving the impossible problem of Android updates
- This might be the first look at Samsung ‘One UI 2.0’ based on Android 10
- Nokia dominates Android updates with 96% of its phones running Android Pie
- Samsung changes its mind, will issue quarterly security updates to Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
- AT&T's Galaxy S4 Active getting Android 4.3 update today
- Nokia 8 gets Android 8.1 Oreo beta
- Android 5.1 SDK released, new APIs for dual-SIM devices and carrier apps
- This is when Realme X and 7 other popular Realme phones will get Android 10 update
- Google Pay launches to replace Android Pay and Google Wallet
Samsung wants people to pay $2,000 for a smartphone that gets Android updates months after they’re released have 309 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.