Politics Sally Yates, the former acting attorney general who was fired by Donald Trump in 2017, accused the president on Friday of “cavalierly lying” about instructing his former chief of staff John Kelly to give Jared Kushner a top-secret security clearance. “Hard to know which is more dangerous—jeopardizing our most sensitive national security information or so cavalierly lying about it. Have we lost our ability to be shocked?” Yates tweeted.Story Continued Below The New York Times reported Thursday that Trump had ordered Kelly to authorize a top-secret security clearance for Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, in May 2018. Kelly, along with former White House counsel Don McGahn and U.S. intelligence officials, had objected to giving Kushner a top-secret clearance, according to the Times, which said the full scope of their concerns is not known. In an internal memo at the time, Kelly wrote that he had been “ordered” to grant Kushner that type of clearance. However, the president in January told the Times that he had no role in Kushner being granted the clearance. In addition, Ivanka Trump, a White House adviser, the president’s daughter and Kushner’s wife, said in an interview with ABC News in February that her… Read full this story
- Trump fires top government lawyer for defiance on immigration order
- Trump fires acting attorney general who defied him on travel ban
- Trump national security aide Flynn resigns over Russian contacts
- Trump calls Obama, Clinton Islamic State 'co-founders', draws rebuke
- Angry Trump says Russia ties at 'very dangerous low'
- Stormy Daniels taunts fake Trump on comedy show SNL
- Trump attacks Fed on eve of policy meeting
- Trump: I am a 'very stable genius' and 'like, very smart'
- Asia energy firms dive with oil, Trump Kim hopes provide optimism
- Trump raises specter of crisis if Clinton wins the White House
Sally Yates on Trump: 'Have we lost our ability to be shocked?' have 309 words, post on www.politico.com at March 1, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.