Associated Press Published 12:08 PM EDT Mar 11, 2019 Detroit – The Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory on Detroit’s Belle Isle remains closed for renovation work. The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says steel trusses that support the conservatory dome are being replaced and lead paint abatement is required. The project is scheduled to be completed in July. Officials are expected to evaluate the feasibility of opening the conservatory on weekends, including for the Easter Lily Show in late April. It periodically will open on weekends and holidays as construction conditions allow. The project is the first phase of a comprehensive revitalization plan by the Natural Resources department and Belle Isle Conservancy for the conservatory and Belle Isle Aquarium. Additional funds are being sought for significant renovation to the upper portion of the conservatory dome.
- Belfast Primark buildings clock removed as restoration work continues
- Work continues to recover body from Emiliano Sala plane wreck
- These FIVE-WAY lights look set to remain for the weekend as work continues
- Romania’s construction works continue to fall on sharp decline of residential buildings
- Renovation works start at Wallace Monument ahead of 150th anniversary
- Stowmarket roadworks on schedule as work continues in town centre
- Wick fire: Dozens of properties left without power as work continues
- New structure in place as £3.5m railway station works continue
- Significant M23 road works continue
- Record results for Games Workshop as work continues on factory
Renovation work continues on Belle Isle conservatory have 235 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at March 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.