YEREVAN, MARCH 16, ARMENPRESS. Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern visited the city of Christchurch where on March 15 a terror attack occurred inn two mosques killing 50 people, RIA Novosti reports.
The PM visited hospitals, met with the injured and the families of those killed in the shootings. The families of the victims will receive a compensation.
PM Ardern also met with the police officers.
50 people have been killed in the attacks on the two mosques in New Zealand.
50 others have been hospitalized with various degree injuries.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern described the shootings as a terrorist attack.
Armed people entered the Al Noor and Linwood Masjid mosques in Christchurch at about 13:45 local time shortly after the day prayer, blocked the entrance doors and opened fire. According to eyewitnesses, about 200 and 300 people were inside the building when the attack occurred. Police told citizens to stay indoors. All schools in the city were closed.
Australian Brenton Harrison Tarrant, 28, a suspected white supremacist, was charged with murder on Saturday following the mass shootings.
Edited and translated by Aneta Harutyunyan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern still "at a loss" over Christchurch massacre 2 years on
- New Zealand Lockdown: New Zealand PM Ardern orders nationwide lockdown over one Covid-19 case | World News - Times of India
- William, Kate, Meghan and Harry urge New Zealand to 'stay strong' in touching tribute
- Prince William pays tribute to 'courage' of Australia and New Zealand forces on Anzac Day
- New Zealand is plunged into a three-day lockdown and Auckland for a whole week over just ONE case of coronavirus
- New Zealand grieves as police work to recover bodies from mosques, as it happened
- New Zealand shooter rushed by worshipper Abdul Aziz at Christchurch's Linwood mosque
- Jacinda Ardern set to win majority in New Zealand election as 'Jacindamania' survives coronavirus test
- New Zealand Returns to Full Lockdown After Discovery of Local COVID case
- New Zealand goes into snap lockdown following COVID case in Auckland
- New Zealand Police Introduce Hijab to Their Official Uniform, First Officer to Wear it Feels 'Proud'
- New Zealand Introduces Hijab in Police Uniform, First Cop to Wear it Feels 'Proud'
- India vs New Zealand, Day 2: Virat Kohli Keeps New Zealand At Bay In World Test Championship Final | Cricket News
- India vs New Zealand: Road To WTC Final, India | Cricket News
- First Christchurch terror attack victims arrive in NZ ahead of sentencing
- How did this happen? Newshub's Patrick Gower looks at hate in New Zealand
- A day in the life of New Zealand's blood: how donors saved mosque and Whakaari victims
- Christchurch man's heroic actions in mosque attack saved lives, now he's haunted
- New Zealand mosque terror attacker changes plea to guilty after killing 51
- Dr Siouxsie Wiles named 2021 New Zealander of the Year
New Zealand’s PM visits mosque attack victims have 437 words, post on armenpress.am at March 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.