Longtime Bay Area home of Giants legend Willie McCovey sells for $4.2 million
A look back at the remarkable Willie McCovey, San Francisco Giants slugger
The longtime home of the great San Francisco Giants slugger Willie McCovey has sold for $4.2 million.
McCovey, a Hall of Famer whose two-decade career included six All-Star selections and a home-run championship, died last year at the age of 80. McCovey hit a total of 521 homers.
To see the listing and photos, go here.
The 3,810 square foot house in Woodside, California, was build in 1976 and sits on more than an acre of land. It boasts of high ceilings, exposed beams and windows with city views. Outside, there’s a swimming pool and spa, mature trees, hedges and lawn.
The home sold for $250,000 above the asking price, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Tom LeMieux and Jennifer Bitter of Compass were the listing agents with Sam Anagnostou of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage representing the buyer.
LeMieux told realtor.com that the buyer will likely enjoy some of the home’s retro details and its place in baseball history, but some alterations may occur. The real estate website said there is a home plate embedded in the front steps of the house.
“My understanding is that (the buyers) want to retain part of the McCovey legacy, the history of the house, and the fact Mr. McCovey had built the house in the ‘70s,” LeMieux told realtor.com. “At a minimum, the buyer would update, but it’s a good floor plan.”
March 14, 2019 02:30 AM
March 14, 2019 09:12 PM
March 14, 2019 12:01 AM
March 14, 2019 07:28 AM
March 14, 2019 02:40 AM
San Francisco Giants hitting coach Alonzo Powell never considered giving up coaching when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
MORE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
March 04, 2019 04:12 PM
March 04, 2019 12:00 AM
March 01, 2019 02:39 PM
February 25, 2019 07:33 PM
- Baseball Hall of Famer, San Francisco Giants legend Willie McCovey dies at 80
- Bay Area man sorry for viral rant over neighbors' Spanish-language music on July 4th
- Bay Area transit agencies will run reduced service on Fourth of July
- This Bay Area suburb is ranked best place to raise a family in California
- The best and worst trades in Bay Area sports history
- 10 cheap (but fun!) Bay Area date ideas for summer
- 9 great cheap eats for Bay Area dating on a budget
- 5 fun SF Bay Area things to do with your dog, from water taxis to tasty treats
- Ever wonder why you pay so much to live in the Bay Area? Check out this national heat map
- 14-year-old Bay Area boy is a viral cake-baking sensation