PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Jon Rahm felt like every shot would be good and most of them were Saturday as he posted an 8-under 64 and built a one-shot lead over Rory McIlroy and Tommy Fleetwood in The Players Championship. Five shots behind going into the third round, Rahm shot 30 on the back nine at the TPC Sawgrass and surged into the lead when McIlroy and Fleetwood couldn’t keep pace. His only bogey was on the sixth hole, and even that landed next to the pin until running over the back. “Didn’t miss many shots out there,” Rahm said. “Really, really confident with my irons. Every time I stepped up, I felt like I was going to hit a good shot.” There were too many to single out for the 24-year-old Spaniard, who was at 15-under 201. McIlroy and Fleetwood struggled from the start and both eventually recovered, McIlroy sooner than Fleetwood. McIlroy muffed a chip and had to scramble for bogey on the opening hole, hit a chip over the green on the par-5 second hole and turned potential birdie into bogey, and that was as bad as it got. He still was under par at… Read full this story
- Can Lewis Hamilton Win the F1 Championship?
- N.S. Power mobilizing personnel, resources ahead of Thursday’s storm
- Lead Guitar Lessons - The Best Way to Develop Your Speed
- Spanish Famous Soccer Players
- Lead Guitar Lessons - Easy Ways to Play Like a Pro
- The Psychology of Championship Golf
- John Higgins - Snookers Best Match Player of the Modern Era?
- Championship Video Gaming
- Nintendo DS Games - World Championship Poker
- Jon Stewart Vs Jim Cramer
Jon Rahm storms into lead at Players Championship have 282 words, post on www.wxyz.com at March 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.