Foldable display is the current trend for smartphones this 2019. Many companies have been preparing to release their own take on this type of device, but Apple has yet to announce their own. So how far behind is Apple in the competition in this foldable display race?
As reported by Digitimes, other companies such as LG, Vivo, Lenovo, and Xiaomi may be hot on the heels of Samsung and Huawei when it comes to releasing foldable display smartphones. So far, each of the known Android smartphone developers are already getting on the new foldable smartphone trend, even the ones that are considered far from the level of Samsung and Apple’s quality.
Due to this incoming surge of foldable smartphones, industry observers noted that Apple cannot ignore this trend. However, Apple has been known to take their time in making devices as the company prioritizes innovation. As of now, Apple is behind on this trend as they’ve yet to announce their own take on this.
Most of Apple’s announcements for 2019 have mostly involved their focus on their services on all smart device platforms. Both their CES 2019 show and their March event in Cupertino were mostly about this goal. While Apple head Tim Cook announced that they’re planning to release some new devices, he didn’t reveal any details.
Most of Apple’s “steps” in making their own foldable display phones that have been circulating on the internet recently are all speculations. The iPhone X Fold is said to be a large vertical phone that opens up in the middle, turning the device into a larger tablet, much like Samsung’s iteration. However, the speculated device looks like an elongated smartphone which makes it an unlikely design choice for Apple.
In this iPhone X generation, Apple has ditched their design choice of reducing the iPhone size while improving on its hardware. The latest iPhone generation is noticeably larger than most of the previous generations.
We’ll have to wait for Apple’s latest announcements to see if they’re going to create their take on the foldable display phone soon too.
Similar to this logo, we’ve yet to see the full details about the iPhone X Fold. Pictured: The Apple logo is see onstage prior to an apple event at the Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park on September 12, 2018 in Cupertino, California. Apple is expected to announce new iPhones with larger screens as well as other product upgrades. Photo: Getty Images/Justin Sullivan
- For a no-notch iPhone X, Apple would need the help of its biggest competitor
- Apple needs Samsung’s help to solve iPhone’s biggest problem
- 2018 iPhone With 6.1-Inch Display to Cost $600: Ming-Chi Kuo
- All three 2018 iPhone models to feature OLED displays: report
- Best External Heart Rate Monitors for iPhone and Apple Watch
- LEAK: iPhone SE 2 could be real pretty soon, hints advertisement
- Code in iOS 12 beta suggests that new Apple Watch models are coming soon
- Samsung cracked a smartphone with foldable display back in 2015
- The best iOS 12 features coming to your iPhone that Apple DIDN’T talk about last week
- WhatsApp will stop working on THESE phones soon – is yours on the list?