MUMBAI: Opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan and seamer Bhuvneshwar Kumar have been dropped from the top rank of India’s annual contracts with the board showing faith in young wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant by handing him the second-most lucrative retainer.BCCI’s retainer structure has four grades with the top “A+” category, which was introduced last year, worth 70 million rupees (US$998,730) a year.Skipper and batting mainstay Virat Kohli, opening batsman Rohit Sharma and pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah are the players in that bracket, which has been cut from five to three.Kohli is the top-ranked batsman in the world in both tests and one-day internationals, while his ODI deputy Rohit is ranked a spot below him in the 50-over format.Bumrah was one of the key contributors to India’s maiden test series triumph in Australia and is currently ranked number one in the ODI bowlers’ list.Pant, 21, is one of 11 players who were grouped in the second grade with a retainership of 50 million rupees for the period from October 2018 to September 2019.The hard-hitting batsman replaced the injured Wriddhiman Saha behind the stumps in tests last year and scored a century during India’s test series in England.He underlined his worth further with an unbeaten… Read full this story
- England Central Contract: Jofra Archer handed Test, limited over deal for the first time
- Ousted Sarfaraz Ahmed to remain in top Central Contract category
- The Hundred: Central contract and local icon 'drafts' explained
- Exam board handed biggest ever fine for allowing GCSE and A-levels to be 'remarked' by the same examiner
- India's death row prisoners face horrific conditions, study finds
- India’s first railway university aims to put train network on right track
- How the IPL created India's new cricket stars
- "Happy Birthday Chachaaa": Rishabh Pant's Message For Virat Kohli Invites Jokes On Twitter
- View: India's insolvency law as creator of jobs
- What it's like to have the second-most important job in India?
India board hand Pant lucrative central contract have 326 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at March 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.