Mar 22, 6:20 AM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury National By Madhur Dave @mad_dhoor 03/22/19 AT 5:07 AM The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported Thursday that the winter’s deadly flooding had the potential to turn into a catastrophic spring flooding in the southern states and the Midwest.NOAA’s spring outlook contained dire warnings, saying the recent flooding that hit several states — Nebraska, Iowa and Missouri — was just a glimpse of what may come next.“We expect the flooding to get worse and become more widespread. The stage is set for record flooding now through May,” Mary Erikson, deputy director of NOAA’s National Weather service, said. She also said that the flooding could possibly be worse than the devastating floods of 1993 and 2011.According to Edward Clark, director of NOAA’s National Water Center, “The extensive flooding we’ve seen in the past two weeks will continue through May and become more dire and may be exacerbated in the coming weeks as the water flows downstream. This is shaping up to be a potentially unprecedented flood season with more than 200 million people at risk for flooding in their communities.”Officials also said that around two-thirds of the country will probably experience the floods and… Read full this story
- Thousands marvel annular solar eclipse in southern states
- 'You pray they come back:' A look inside flood recovery in Central, Greenwell Springs
- Nigerian southern state bans use of fireworks during festivals
- Migrants Flooded the Border in 2019 — Census Bureau Claims the Inflow Dropped
- Modi 2.0 Cabinet: Have southern states been given a raw deal?
- LPG tanker operators commence indefinite strike in southern states
- Monsoon hits India's southern state of Kerala after week's delay
- Governor of a southern state accused of ‘sexual misconduct’
- Centre's advisory to 3 southern states on Sabarimala row
- Hurricane Sandy May Unleash Historic Floods in NYC
‘Historic’ Floods Possible In Several Southern States In 2019 Spring, NOAA Warns have 310 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.