By Kerry Crowley | [email protected] | Bay Area News GroupPUBLISHED: March 26, 2019 at 7:18 am | UPDATED: March 26, 2019 at 7:40 am SAN FRANCISCO–Giants CEO Larry Baer will miss the first three months of the season after being suspended without pay by Major League Baseball for his role in a public altercation with his wife, Pam, on March 1. MLB commissioner Rob Manfred announced Tuesday that Baer’s leave of absence will be converted to an unpaid suspension that will last through July 1, 2019. Manfred released a statement Tuesday declaring that Baer, 61, shall have “no involvement in the operation of the Giants” and that the club shall be operated by an interim control person appointed by the team’s ownership group in consultation with the commissioner. Manfred released the following statement: “At my direction, the Department of Investigations conducted an investigation into the March 1, 2019 video-recorded incident involving Larry Baer. I also personally met with Mr. Baer. Based on my review of the results of the investigation, I have concluded that Mr. Baer’s conduct was unacceptable under MLB policies and warrants discipline. In determining the appropriate level of discipline, I find that Mr. Baer should be held… Read full this story
- Will Major League Baseball Find Fans in the U.K.?
- Major League Baseball player Bruce Maxwell who took a knee during the US national anthem arrested ‘for pointing a gun at a woman’
- WWE news: ‘Million Dollar Arm’ winner and ex-Major League Baseball star Rinku Singh signs for WWE
- Food giants 'should be forced' to pay their fair share of recycling costs
- What winter breaks look like in Europe’s major leagues
- David Beckham set to launch Major League Soccer franchise in Miami
- Wakefield Trinity 22 Huddersfield Giants 4: Off-field effort pays out in record-breaking win
- Could giant rats help fight tuberculosis in major cities?
- Insurance giant Aviva reveals its gender pay gap
- Back in the Day: birth of the Baseball "Babe"
Giants CEO Larry Baer suspended without pay by Major League Baseball have 321 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.