1 of 2 FILE – In this Aug. 24, 1992, file photo, President George H.W. Bush and first lady Barbara Bush walk with their dog Millie across the South Lawn as they return to the White House. Four months after the death of the former president, George H.W. Bush’s office in Houston is to close for the last time at 5 p.m. Friday, March 29, 2019. (AP Photo/Scott Applewhite, File) HOUSTON (AP) — Four months after the death of the former president, George H.W. Bush’s office in Houston is to close for the last time at 5 p.m. Friday. Bush Chief of Staff Jean Becker said that “as one era ends, a new one is beginning.” In a statement issued Monday, Becker said the George Bush Presidential Library Foundation will be renamed The George and Barbara Bush Foundation. She said the foundation will affiliate the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library Center and the Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University, as well as an affiliation of the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation and the Points of Light organization.
- Trump wobbles as a wartime President
- Trump 'Not in Same Class' as Barack Obama & George W. Bush, Says London Mayor Ahead of State Visit
- Dow Rallies Over 1,300 Points Despite US Jobless Claims Recording All-Time High
- Explainer: Hobbled IRS tax agency may need months to get cash to Americans
- Jimmy Carter Celebrates 95th Birthday with 'Quiet Day at Home' Before Habitat for Humanity Trip
- Apply here: How to spend $2.2 Trillion — and rescue economy
- Apply here: How to spend $2.2 Trillion - and rescue economy
- Nelson Mandela dies aged 95 – 5 December 2013
- Pelosi, Schumer blast Trump pick to oversee $2T stimulus, call for 'urgent' House oversight
- The Coronavirus Relief Package Should Work — for Now
Former President George H.W. Bush's office to close Friday have 302 words, post on apnews.com at March 25, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.