Sections SEARCH Skip to content Skip to site index World Subscribe Log In Log In Today’s Paper World | Ethiopian Airlines Crash Updates: Australia and Malaysia Ban Boeing 737 Max Jets Advertisement Supported by Live Briefing ByThe New York Times March 12, 2019 • Australia and Singapore banned all Boeing 737 Max 8 planes from their airspaces on Tuesday, two days after 157 people were killed on such a plane during a flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to Nairobi, Kenya. The Max 8, a new fuel-efficient version of Boeing’s most popular aircraft, has crashed twice in five months, leading to concerns about its safety. • Several more airlines grounded their Boeing 737 Max 8 planes on Monday and Tuesday, increasing to 24 the number of companies that have taken the aircraft out of service. • Boeing stands by the airworthiness of the plane but said that it planned to issue a software update and was working on changes to its flight controls and training guidelines. • Investigators from the United States and elsewhere have arrived at the Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 crash site Much of the investigation will focus on the so-called black boxes — voice and data recorders that… Read full this story
- Ethiopian Airlines Crash Updates: Canadian Carrier Grounds Boeing 737 Max 8
- Airline group advocates more training for Boeing 737 Max
- As CAA bans Boeing 737 Max 8 from UK airspace, here’s how Tui and Norwegian Air passengers will be affected
- McCarran airport to see minimal effects of Boeing 737 MAX jet grounding
- Redding community mourns brothers among 157 killed in Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Is it safe to fly the Boeing 737 MAX?
- China and Indonesia Order Grounding of Boeing 737 Max 8 Aircraft
- Second Boeing 737 Max 8 in Recent Months Involved in Fatal Crash
- Live Updates: China Grounds Boeing 737 Max 8 Planes After Ethiopia Crash
- American and Southwest will still fly Boeing 737 Max as more airlines ground planes
Ethiopian Airlines Crash Updates: Australia and Malaysia Ban Boeing 737 Max Jets have 301 words, post on www.nytimes.com at March 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.