Douglas County leads the nation as the healthiest community in America, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 rankings that were released Tuesday. Broomfield was ranked fifth in the nation in the news website’s latest Healthiest Community rankings. In 2018, Douglas County came in second to Falls Church, Virginia, which was ranked third this year. Douglas County received the top rank this year for its residents’ physical activity, educational attainment and median household income, according to a news release. The collaborative effort with the Atena Foundation evaluated almost 3,000 communities for the second year, using 81 health-related metrics to rank them. Seven communities within Colorado ranked in the Top 20. RELATED: Home prices fall in Boulder, Denver and Douglas counties. Is it a blip, or a trend? In addition to Douglas and Broomfield counties ranking in the Top 20, Chaffee County came in 11th, Routt County was 14th, San Miguel County was 17th, Pitkin County was 19th and Boulder County was 20th. The analysis listed Summit, Pitkin and Eagle counties as the top three communities for life expectancy, and Eagle, Routt, Pitkin and Boulder counties as the top four for low diabetes prevalence. The release said that almost all… Read full this story
- U.S. News & World Report to tweak best hospital rankings #USNHoT
- UK HealthCare again named best Ky. hospital in U.S. News & World Report rankings; report offers overview of most Ky hospitals
- 14-Year-Old Boy Arrested After Car Chase Through Douglas County
- U.S. News and World Report's best Long Island hospitals
- Nassau vs. Suffolk: Which county is healthiest on Long Island?
- Cities In San Diego County Named Among Best Small Cities In U.S.
- Douglas County sees progress in fight against STDs, but plenty of work remains
- Lawsuits accuse Douglas County Jail of denying medical treatment to inmates
- NYC Music Teacher Named Top 10 Finalist for World's Best Teacher Award
- CA AG confirms HP-ordered breach of News.com reporter's personal phone records
Douglas County named healthiest community in America by U.S. News & World Report have 330 words, post on www.denverpost.com at March 26, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.