On Day 2 of the 2019 Marrakech Grand Prix, the IJF and the Moroccan hosts signed a key agreement to open a training centre in Marrakech, and to introduce judo into 40 schools across the country. Our Woman of the Day was Andreja Leski. The Slovenian number two clearly came here to show that she intends to become number one. A powerful kosoto attack on Australia’s Katharina Haecker saw her become Champion here in Morocco two years in a row. She was awarded her -63kg gold medal by Mr Rachid Talbi Elalami, Minister of Youth and Sports of the Kingdom of Morocco. “I actually came here with focus on that gold medal. I really wanted, because I needed those points. In Paris I was close, also in Dusseldorf for the final, but now luckily yeah I managed it,” Andreja Leski said in an interview. Our Man of the Day was Russia’s Denis Iartcev. The Russian technician put on a phenomenal display against London Olympic Champion and Rio 2016 Olympic bronze medallist Lasha Shavdatuashvili, catching him not once with his beautiful ashi-waza, but twice. The Russian clearly has his sights set on gold at this year’s World Championships. Cancun Grand Prix… Read full this story
- Japanese Grand Prix start time: Will race be cancelled because of Typhoon Hagibis?
- 5 talking points ahead of Singapore Grand Prix
- F1 live: Singapore Grand Prix 2019
- F1 highlights: When will the Japanese Grand Prix be shown again? TV channels and times
- F1 live: 2019 Singapore Grand Prix qualifying
- F1 live: 2019 Russian Grand Prix qualifying
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix in Sochi
- Typhoon Hagibis threatens to wreak havoc on Japanese Grand Prix
- Japanese Grand Prix qualifying LIVE: Hamilton, Leclerc, Verstappen and Bottas go for pole
- Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel takes pole for Japanese Grand Prix
Dazzling judo on Day 2 of Marrakech Grand Prix, IJF signs Morocco deal have 302 words, post on www.euronews.com at March 9, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.