JC Reindl Detroit Free Press
Published 11:16 AM EDT Mar 27, 2019
It’s Chick-fil-A for one day in downtown Detroit.
The popular chicken sandwich shop is doing a pop-up location from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday inside the Chrysler House, 719 Griswold St. The pop-up is here for just one day.
At 11 a.m., there were at least 250 people in line at the Chrysler House with the line wrapping around the atrium in front of Mike’s Kabob Grille and the Dime Store. There were only two registers to ring up customers.
Chick-fil-A staff said they plan to launch more surprise pop-ups in downtown this year.
The closest full-time Chick-fil-A restaurant to downtown is in the lobby of DMC Harper University Hospital.
Contact JC Reindl at 313-222-6631 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter @jcreindl. Read more on business and sign up for our business newsletter.
More on freep.com:
Chick-fil-A inspires strong passions, here’s why
Jumbo’s Burger Bar in Owosso abruptly closes after 55 years in business
- Chick-fil-A Grantee Covenant House Hosted Drag Queen Story Hour
- Chick-fil-A announces Orange location
- Chick-fil-a customer outraged after fast food worker describes him as 'ugly sweater' on meal order ticket
- What’s New: Chick-Fil-A working on Orange location
- McDonald's, Chick-Fil-a and Home Depot Listed Among Companies Who 'Failed' Gun Safety Policy Grade
- Conservative Leaders Hit Back At Chick-fil-A For Betraying Christians, Donating To SPLC
- Department Of Transportation Launches Investigation Into Chick-Fil-A Bans
- Fans And Protesters Appear At Chick-Fil-A Opening Of First New York Restaurant
- Chick-Fil-A Wins Top Spot In American Customer Satisfaction Survey For 4th Straight Year
- Chick-Fil-A customer furious after staff call him ‘ugly sweater guy’ on his receipt