Honda struck the latest blow to the UK’s car industry on Tuesday, announcing plans to close its Swindon manufacturing plant by 2021. The Japanese car maker currently hires around 3,500 people in its Swindon factory, which is the company’s only manufacturing plant in the European Union. In a statement released after a press conference on Tuesday morning, Honda said its restructuring plans came in response to the “unprecedented changes in the global automotive industry.” But what does this actually mean? And who is going to be affected by these changes? How important is Honda’s Swindon plant? It depends on who you are talking to when it comes to this question. To the more than 3,500 employees at the plant itself, many of whom have had lengthy careers at the company, and the thousands more employees working at subsidiary companies, this plant is extremely important. It was first established in 1985, before quickly expanding to become an engine plant. For 24 years, it has been known for becoming the global manufacturing hub of the Honda Civic, producing 150,000 units per year, which are then exported to over 70 countries around the world. MP for South Swindon Robert Buckland told Euronews he… Read full this story
- The REAL reason Ruth Wilson quit The Affair has been revealed
- Weather presenter Steve Jacobs breaks his silence after being axed from Today... as he reveals the real reason he's leaving the Nine Network
- James Bond 25: Daniel Craig Reveals the Real Reason He Did No Time to Die
- VIDEO: Real reason why people bleach in Nigeria ― Experts
- The real reason Ruth Wilson quit The Affair has been revealed
- Real Reason Why Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Inshallah Has Been Shelved!
- Elton John: Night my flirty friend Diana had Stallone and Gere fighting over her... and the REAL reason we fell out
- The real reason the sound of your own voice makes you cringe
- The Real Reasons Why the Government Shut Down
- The Real Reason New Mutants Was Delayed Again Revealed
What are the real reasons Honda is closing its factory in Swindon? have 335 words, post on www.euronews.com at February 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.