NEW YORK — President Donald Trump’s four trips to his Mar-a-Lago resort in early 2017 cost taxpayers nearly $14 million, a watchdog report Tuesday said. The Government Accountability Office said travel and accommodations, Secret Service expenses, deployment of bomb-sniffing dogs and other costs for the trips between February 3 and March 5 in 2017 tallied to $13.6 million. About $60,000 of the tab went directly to Mar-a-Lago. The GAO report provides one of the clearest pictures yet of the costs of the president’s travel, and how much of that money goes back to his own properties.The nonpartisan research group for Congress also found that Secret Service costs for three trips abroad by Trump’s two adult sons and their spouses in early 2017 ran to $396,000.Noah Bookbinder, executive director of the watchdog Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said the trips to Mar-a-Lago themselves are the real problem, not just the direct spending there.”President Trump’s failure to divest from his properties has created a situation in which he benefits from government spending whenever he makes a promotional appearance at one of those properties,” Bookbinder said in an emailed comment. “This is not a presidential vacation, but an official trip that… Read full this story
- Overwatch Winter Event 2017 Kicks Off New Seasonal Skins and Content
- E3 2017 to hold E3 Coliseum, series of panels and presentations
- PAX East 2017 badges just went on sale (update)
- People smugglers using Facebook to lure migrants into 'Italy trips'
- Northern Ireland election: DUP's Arlene Foster ‘to stay as first minister’
- ECA urges Vice President to not blame games for violence, support public's right to access them
- Ultima creator reaches orbit
- How To Build A Production Empire In Black Desert Online
- E3 2017 Trip For Two Giveaway
- Bit.Trip Runner 3 coming 2017
Watchdog: 4 Mar-a-Lago trips in 2017 cost taxpayers $14m have 294 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at February 4, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.