CADET, the talented British grime artist, has died in a horror taxi smash while on the way to a performance in Staffordshire in the early hours of this morning. Police confirmed the 28-year-old, whose real name is Blaine Johnson, was killed when the Toyota Prius he was travelling crashed into a van at around 1.30am. He was heading to Keele University to perform at the student union’s Fresh Friday Takeover with three other people, who were also injured. Staffordshire Police say they were called to a crash involving a Toyota Prius and a red Vauxhall Combo van on the A531 in Betley. Despite desperate attempts to save him, officers confirmed Cadet, from London, died at the scene. Both drivers, a 36-year-old man from Stoke-on-Trent and a 22-year-old man from Crewe, suffered serious injuries and taken to Royal Stoke University Hospital. Three other passengers in the Toyota were treated at Leighton Hospital in Crewe, cops said. TAXI SMASH Cadet’s heartbroken family confirmed his death in a statement on his Instagram before making his account private. They said: “We the family of Blaine Cameron Johnson known as Cadet (Underrated Legend) would like to share the sad news that during the early hours of… Read full this story
- Albanian drug dealer, 20, is jailed for more than seven years after killing bus driver, 60, and injuring 14 others in 'catastrophic' high-speed crash
- The Most Underrated Horror Movies of All Time
- 'I wouldn’t want this for anybody’s daughter': will #MeToo kill off the rock'n'roll groupie?
- 30 Hollywood Classics Streaming for Free in the Public Domain
- Notting Hill carnival arrests down after controversial crackdown
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Chi Chi DeVayne to Dame Vera Lynn
- Celebrity news LIVE – Meghan and Harry sign Netflix mega-deal, Britain’s Got Talent star dies and 3 new Strictly stars
- What Blue Peter presenters did after show - from drag acts to devastating illness
- Why Marc Bolan was 'the perfect pop star', by Elton John, U2 and more
- Topless sunbathing row engulfs France as ministers defend ‘precious freedom’ after cops ‘told woman to cover up’
UK rapper Cadet dead aged 28 – Grime artist killed in horror taxi crash on way to gig have 341 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at February 8, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.