By Lucas Manfredi Published February 21, 2019 Taxes FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print video Top Democrats look to raise taxes on the wealthy FBN’s Charles Payne and Peebles Corporation CEO Don Peebles discuss how top Democrats are pushing to raise taxes on high-income earners. It’s no secret that no one likes paying taxes. Continue Reading Below Time and time again, we see that these same individuals who call for a tax on the rich avoid paying taxes themselves. MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM WARREN’S ‘WEALTH TAX’ TO FACE HOST OF CHALLENGES MORTGAGE RATES FALL TO LOWEST AVERAGE IN ONE YEAR WELLS FARGO DONATES $444M TO NONPROFITS FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING, SMALL BUSINESSES Just take a few examples from the news: The Securities and Exchange Commission recently opened an investigation into Danske Bank facilitating the laundering of $230 billion, mostly by Russian citizens, through its branch in the Northern European country of Estonia. Swiss Bank UBS was slammed by a French court with more than $5 billion in fines and damages for its role in helping wealthy French citizens evade nearly $11 billion in taxes. Advertisement Australia’s tax avoidance taskforce said it has recouped almost $8 billion from foreign owned and multinational companies, and nearly $5… Read full this story
- Spanish prosecutors file tax evasion charges against Shakira
- DOUBLE TROUBLE: Ronaldo gets 23-month jail sentence and €18.8m fine for tax evasion in Spain as Alonso maintains innocence
- Chamber of Deputies passes EU tax evasion rules
- What was Ken Dodd’s net worth, what was the tax evasion trial and when was he acquitted?
- Cristiano Ronaldo to face court for ‘£5.2million tax evasion’ as prosecutors demand judge throw book at Juventus ace
- Israeli Model Bar Refaeli to Be Indicted for Tax Evasion, Perjury
- Murphy leaves plan for lower property tax for rich on table
- Murphy leaves Madigan's plan for lower property tax for rich on table
- Dutch add Guernsey, Belize and Isle of Man to tax evasion blacklist
- Ronaldo fined €18.8m over tax evasion
Tax evasion by the rich and powerful: An in-depth look with FBN's Charles Payne have 331 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at February 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.