House Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Mark Takano (D-Calif.) today opened an investigation into the outsize role of three members of President Donald Trump’s Florida country club in a digital health record contract and other VA business. In a letter to VA Secretary Robert Wilkie, Takano requested extensive documents including all records of communication between the Mar-a-Lago members and their companies with current or former senior VA officials.Story Continued Below POLITICO broke the news last April that Marvel Entertainment Chairman Ike Perlmutter, physician Bruce Moskowitz and lawyer Marc Sherman were deeply involved in contract decisions that led to the $10 billion contract with Cerner Corp. to implement a new EHR for the VA. ProPublica has provided additional details, including evidence that Moskowitz tried to benefit his son’s foundation through the VA. Wilkie has testified that after one meeting with the three at Mar-a-Lago prior to his confirmation last July, he hasn’t consulted with them. In an interview with POLITICO in November, Takano indicated he felt no need to probe the Mar-a-Lago connection. “I’m don’t see a need to beat a dead horse,” he said. Since then, however, new documents have shown the powerful influence of the Mar-a-Lago members, including an email… Read full this story
- Trade: Prospect of tariffs on car imports looms as US opens probe into auto imports
- Facebook Says FTC Opened Probe into Company Over Antitrust Concerns, Imposed $5.1bn in Fines
- Belgium's financial regulator opens probe into Trafigura's Nyrstar: FSMA
- FIFA Opens Probe Into Claims of Racist Abuse During Russia-France Friendly
- Russia Opens Probe Into Apple Over Unfair Competition in iOS Apps Market
- US Justice Dept. Opens Probe Into Cambridge Analytica - Reports
- NASA’s Mars InSight lander is facing a rocky road as its drill hits a rock
- New, ultramodern VA hospital to be formally dedicated today
- Trump Held Mar-a-Lago
- EU: Nigerian state elections marred by 'systemic failings'
Takano opens probe into Mar-a-Lago influence at VA have 319 words, post on www.politico.com at February 8, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.