Most of Felpham could become a 20mph-limit village if a safety improvement scheme is given the final go-ahead, the county council has revealed today. West Sussex County Council said both local county councillor Hilary Flynn and the parish council identified the reduced limit as a ‘priority to improve safety’.It comes nearly nine years after the idea was first suggested at a ‘packed meeting’ at Felpham Memorial Village Hall in April 2010. A county council spokesman said: “The county council is formally advertising proposals which would mean only Upper Bognor Road, Middleton Road, Felpham Way, Flansham Lane and Flansham Park will remain 30mph: all other public roads in the village would become 20mph. The spokesman said a village-wide consultation at the end of 2016 showed ‘general support for the scheme’, which it says will cost an estimated £50,000 from developer contributions. Click here for full details of the proposal and opportunities to respond West Sussex mental health services are ‘underfunded and overstretched’
- How much are speeding fines in the UK, will I get a ticket if I am 1mph over the limit and what is it on motorways and dual carriageways?
- Rishi Sunak confirms furlough scheme to be gradually withdrawn
- Furlough scheme changes: Firms must contribute to pay in August & stump up 20% of wages in October
- Furlough scheme changes: Everything you need to know after Rishi Sunak’s announcement
- Subsidy scheme in the works for tech upgrade of gems & jewellery industry
- Plymouth Officials Encourage Residents To Consider Safety When Using Parks, Trails And Roadways
- Furlough scheme update: What did Rishi Sunak say in the announcement today?
- Two million jobs could be lost by changes to the furlough scheme, experts warn
- Arunachal falls back on retired doctors to improve health sector
- UK's COVID-19 job saving scheme to taper off from August: Rishi Sunak
Speed limit change for Felpham hinging on safety improvement scheme have 304 words, post on www.midhurstandpetworth.co.uk at February 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.