Jakarta (ANTARA News) – The Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business Activities (SKK Migas) has disclosed the finding of a new potential gas reservoir in Sakakemang Block in South Sumatra to meet the national energy demand. Head of SKK Migas Dwi Soetjipto stated here on Monday that the exploration in Sakakemang working unit was conducted by a consortium of Repsol, Petronas, and Mitsui Exploration. The exploration will be continued until data is received on the volume of gas reserves in the area. “The potential is significant, although for now, we cannot reveal the amount (of the reserve). Of course, it will be proceeded with preparation for production activities,” Soetjipto revealed. Repsol, in 2018, had decided to conduct the second drilling in Sakakemang Block. Drilling in the Kaliberau Dalam 2X (KBD 2X) well had been initiated since August 20, 2018, with the target of getting a fractured basement reservoir. The well is located some 60 kilometers from Suban, South Sumatra`s giant fractured gas reservoir. In early February, Repsol and SKK Migas had found a potential gas reservoir at 2,430 meters measured depth (MD). Since Feb 10, Repsol has conducted a production test, with the preliminary result indicating gas… Read full this story
- Probe into deadly Andhra Pradesh gas leak finds LG Polymers negligent
- Voltas mulls setting up new manufacturing unit in South India
- INSIGHT-Satellites reveal major new gas industry methane leaks
- Satellites reveal major new gas industry methane leaks
- New gas project to boost Nigeria’s LPG supply from 96 flaring sites – Stakeholders
- World's Largest Volcanic 'Superplume' Created Plateau Beneath New Zealand, Study Finds
- Was new Chex flavor worth South Koreans’ 16-year wait?
- Why proposed change in gas tariff calculation would impact GAIL's earnings
- Indonesia aims for state firm to handle upstream oil and gas business
- Efforts to cap OIL gas well fire in Assam continue
SKK Migas discloses new gas reservoir finding in South Sumatra have 305 words, post on en.antaranews.com at February 18, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.