Published 10:17 pm CST, Friday, February 8, 2019
The Iowa Wild scored three times on the power play, including Dmitry Sokolov’s game-winner in overtime, to beat the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 on Friday at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa.
The Rampage drop to 23-21-3 on the year, including a 4-15-2 mark on the road. Friday’s game was the start of a 10-game road trip for San Antonio. Iowa is 26-16-7 and hosts a rematch against the Rampage at 6 p.m. Saturday.
San Antonio held leads of 3-1 and 4-2 in the second period, but Iowa had leveled the match at four heading to the third.
Trevor Smith, Adam Musil, Niko Mikkola and Sammy Blais scored for San Antonio, while Blais, Austin Poganski, Jordan Kyrou, Ryan Olsen and Jordan Nolan tallied assists.
San Antonio’s Jared Coreau made 26 saves against 31 shots. The Wild scored on three of five power plays, while the Rampage went 0 for 3.
- San Antonio Rampage snap road losing streak in Milwaukee
- Iowa Wild use power-play surge to down San Antonio Rampage
- San Antonio Rampage allow two short-handed goals in loss
- San Antonio Rampage earn shutout victory on Pink in the Rink night
- San Antonio Rampage yield late flurry in road loss
- San Antonio Rampage fall to extend losing streak to five
- San Antonio Rampage lose after late comeback by Grand Rapids Griffins
- San Antonio Rampage on wrong end of third-period flurry in loss
- San Antonio Rampage pull through late in win