Visit The Boston Globe Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Comment on this Scroll to top of page Globe Staff February 15, 2019 President Trump’s remarks Friday in the Rose Garden: Thank you very much, everybody. Before we begin, I’d like to just say that we have a large team of very talented people in China. We’ve had a negotiation going on for about two days. It’s going extremely well. Who knows what that means, because it only matters if we get it done. But we’re very much working very closely with China and President Xi, who I respect a lot. Very good relationship that we have. And we’re a lot closer than we ever were in this country with having a real trade deal. We’re covering everything — all of the points that people have been talking about for years that said couldn’t be done, whether it was theft or anything. Anything. The unfairness. We’ve been losing, on average, $375 billion a year with China. A lot of people think it’s $506 billion. Some people think it’s much more than that. We’re going to be leveling the playing field. Advertisement The tariffs are hurting China very badly. They don’t… Read full this story
- DDA's rose garden thrown open to public
- Graham says he won't read the Trump impeachment transcripts
- California Independence Movement Relaunches After Trump's Charlottesville Speech
- Hillary Clinton to Colbert: 'Trump's UN speech was very dark and dangerous'
- Donald Trump's Victory Speech: "I Am Reaching Out To You For Your Guidance And Your Help"
- White House dismisses impeachment transcripts: Trump 'has done nothing wrong'
- READ: Transcript of testimony by top US diplomat in Ukraine William Taylor
- Hugging Flag, 'No Wind-No TV', Southern Accent: Trump's CPAC Speech Goes Viral
- Watch Donald Trump inauguration and speech in full as new President takes the oath of office
- Republican Strategist Says Trump's 'Hateful Speech' 'Connected' to White Terrorism
Read the transcript of Trump’s Rose Garden speech have 328 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at February 15, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.