By Sal Pizarro | [email protected] | Bay Area News GroupPUBLISHED: February 20, 2019 at 2:10 pm | UPDATED: February 20, 2019 at 2:19 pm If you think downtown San Jose couldn’t fit a few more murals, you need to check out the 100 Block Mural Project, which is underway on a wall of the Valley Title building across from the California Theatre. Erin Salazar — the founder of the Exhibition District, an art-based startup — said the project is a dream she’s been trying to make come true for more than two years. One hundred artists — with about 90 percent coming from either the South Bay or Bay Area — are each painting as assigned 3-foot-square space on the wall. And the artists are getting paid, too, with a total of $30,000 going toward them. The individual blocks aren’t meant to be part of a larger picture, Salazar said, but they’ve been loosely grouped by color, so viewers in San Jose’s arty SoFA District will be able to discern a certain continuity. Several artists at a time have been working on filling in their part of the grid since last week and the work is expected to finish up by… Read full this story
- 12-Hour Standoff Near San Jose State Ends With Man In Custody
- San Jose Police: Driver Leaves Scene, His Passenger Dies In 3-Car Hit-And-Run Crash
- Christmas bar pop-up 'Miracle' returns to SF and San Jose, debuts in Petaluma next week
- This San Jose neighborhood is the hottest real estate market in the entire country
- San Jose Reddit users: You can't live here on an $85,000 salary!
- Busy Mineta San Jose Airport Looks To Address Traveler Parking Crunch
- Police Arrest Man, Find Explosive Devices Following Hours-Long Standoff In South San Jose
- Capsule preview of San Jose State-UNLV game
- San Jose police probe possible connection between suspect and Oak Grove High School bomb
- San Jose Police Seek Suspect In Deadly Hit-And-Run Caught On Camera
Massive mural project underway in downtown San Jose have 320 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at February 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.