By Armina Ligaya The Canadian Press Sat., Feb. 2, 2019 The chief executive of cannabis company Weekend Unlimited Inc. says winning the POT stock ticker lottery was a “wonderful surprise” for the small company, which is hoping the catchy symbol will help it stand out in the sector. After being selected in the lottery conducted by several stock exchanges, Weekend plans to switch its ticker on the Canadian Securities Exchange from YOLO to POT as early as Monday. “I’ve never won the lottery, so this is a first … This is our lucky day,” Paul Chu said. The lottery was held by the Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, along with the Canadian Securities Exchange and the Aequitas NEO Exchange, due to “significant demand” for the catchy stock symbol. POT became available after Potash Corp. merged with Agrium Inc. in early 2018 to become Nutrien Ltd., which now trades under NTR. Article Continued Below Weekend, which has a suite of cannabis-focused brands and operations in both Canada and in the United States, has a relatively small market value of $28.6 million. For comparison, licensed producer Canopy Growth Corp. has a market capitalization of roughly $22 billion. Weekend sells products to… Read full this story
- Arkansas couple buys 2 winning lottery tickets within hours and wins $1 million
- Florida skydiver survives being stuck in power lines, buys winning lottery card
- Teen told to clean his room finds winning lottery ticket worth $84K
- Having guests over for Labor Day weekend? Put them to work with 'House Guest Roulette'
- Virginia woman wins lottery and nearly forgets to cash in ticket
- Uptown cops hunt a duo who've duped victims of thousands of dollars in a multimillion-dollar winning lottery ticket scam
- New Mexico man is told $500,000 winning lottery ticket is a misprint, won’t get any cash
- Judge grants minor victory to Brooklyn woman in legal spat with her mother over winning lottery ticket
- MTA should refund lost days to unlimited-ride MetroCard users for transit shutdown during hurricane
- Here's where you can camp in Arizona's mountains this Labor Day weekend
‘Lucky day’ as Weekend Unlimited wins lottery for POT stock symbol have 341 words, post on www.thestar.com at February 1, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.