A board to review citizensIn lieu of an expanded Citizen Police Review Board, I suggest a Citizen Citizen Review Board. We need to take a look at all the citizens who believe that they are above the law and act like idiots. Barry Bryan, CarrolltonPreventing entry is the keyRe: “A border wall: To build, or not to build,” Sunday Letters.I commend The Dallas Morning News for publishing an equitable amount of letters on both sides of this issue. A careful examination of the “not to build” opinions showed a remarkable lack of common-sense reasoning. One reader stated, “Drugs are not smuggled across areas where a wall would impede them.” The reader is comparing something that is measurable with something that is impossible to measure. How does he (or anyone) know the volume of drugs that are smuggled across areas that are not protected? A single immigrant with a back pack could easily smuggle 40 pounds of pure cocaine across the border. Also, some readers argue that the wall should be “high-tech” using such things as surveillance drones instead of a retaining wall. High-tech will work only to detect border crossings but not prevent them. The real problems occur when they are able… Read full this story
- Homeland Security chair wants review of border wall contract
- The Organizers of the Border Wall GoFundMe Are Now Trying to Build the Wall Themselves
- Donald Trump offers protection to immigrants for US-Mexico border wall funding
- 'Very Stupid Girl' Ann Coulter Slams Donald Trump's Leadership but Defends His Border Wall on Bill Maher
- Donald Trump's 2020 Campaign Claims President Kept His Border Wall Promises—but Has He?
- Trump to declare national emergency to build border wall
- CNN's Jake Tapper Blasts Donald Trump: 'The President Is Lying to You to Get His Border Wall'
- Federal judge in Texas blocks the Trump administration from using $3.6billion in military funds to build the border wall
- Federal judge blocks use of billions of dollars in Pentagon funds to build border wall
- Over a Dozen States File Lawsuit Over Donald Trump's National Emergency Declaration to Build Border Wall
Letters: Citizen Police Review Board, border wall, Trump's illegal workers, measles, Mark Wingfield have 351 words, post on www.dallasnews.com at February 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.