In this Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019 photo, a couple heads towards an entrance to a cavern at Ice Castles in North Woodstock, N.H. A team starts building massive walls in December to create a spectacular winter experience. (AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty)
NORTH WOODSTOCK, N.H. – Thousands of people are flocking to a winter wonderland constructed from ice in New Hampshire.
Ice Castles in North Woodstock features a collection of ice tunnels, caverns and a 97-foot (30-meter) ice slide that cover an acre (half a hectare) of farmland. Some have said the scene is like something out of the movie “Frozen.”
The winter wonderland is one of six in North America.
It starts small in December, when a team sets up icicle farms: metal racks that are sprayed with water to allow icicles to grow on them overnight. The team then harvests the icicles and continually sprays them with water.
The attraction moved this year from neighboring Lincoln.
- The Barberettes â€“ Winter Wonderland Lyrics [Hangul + Romanization]
- Sung Si Kyung â€“ Winter Wonderland Lyrics
- Sung Si Kyung – Winter Wonderland Lyrics Buzz
- Ouarzazate Under Snow: Winter Wonderland
- 9 winter rooftops and patios in Chicago open for cold-weather drinking and dining
- Winter months don t just affect your mood but also your health
- The Winter Ring Road Pt. 1: Driving Route One In Iceland's Stormy Season
- 10 unmissable places in Austria to visit this winter
- March Musings And A Winter Of Extremes
- What a long, strange winter it's been