Gothic home in Russian Hill on market for $11 million. Nicolas Cage once owned it
This Gothic home in Russian Hill on market for $11 million in San Francisco
An historic six-bedroom, six-and-a-half-bathroom Tudor Revival home in San Francisco once owned by actor Nicoloas Cage is back on the market, complete with its stunning views of Alcatraz Island, the Bay and Ghiradelli Square for $10.95 million.
An adjacent lot on Hyde Street is also available for $3 million, if purchased with the home.
Guests enter the four-story Russian Hill home at 898 Francisco St. through a Gothic-style stone archway before a grand staircase. The entry level features a powder room, a library with a wood-burning fireplace, a formal dining room with leaded-glass windows and original wood detail and an elegant living room with sweeping views of the bay, according to the listing.
A spacious eat-in kitchen offers offers views of the North Bay, including Sausalito, Mt. Tamalpais, Ghirardelli Square and Alcatraz. There’s indoor access to the two-car garage.
The second level offers a master suite with two dressing rooms and large bathroom and a second and third en-suite bedroom and bathroom. Through the windows to one of the bedrooms eyes fall on the Marin Headlands to the Oakland Hills in the distance.
A third floor has two large en-suite bedrooms with vaulted ceilings and lots of closet space. Finally, on the lower level, there’s a large family room, a gym space, wine cellar and a sixth bedroom and bathroom.
There’s also a backyard with mature landscaping.
Mark Levinson of Compass is the listing agent.
Cage, who starred in “Leaving Las Vegas,” “Ghost Rider” and “Face/Off”, paid $9.4 million for the house and adjacent vacant lot in 2006, according to SFGate. Cage sold the house for $8.5 million in 2008.
February 14, 2019 12:21 PM
February 14, 2019 07:44 PM
February 14, 2019 03:30 AM
February 14, 2019 11:19 AM
February 14, 2019 09:41 AM
President Donald Trump declares a national emergency to fulfill his pledge to construct a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.
February 15, 2019 03:30 AM
February 15, 2019 03:00 AM
February 15, 2019 08:50 AM
February 15, 2019 08:13 AM
- What has Nicolas Cage been doing in Portland?
- Being prepared helps when bidding for home in tight market
- Hollywood icon Nicolas Cage causes a stir by turning up at a pet shop in Somerset
- Brit teacher jailed in China for ‘not being friend of the country’ reveals he was forced to watch Nicolas Cage films
- Crazy conspiracy theorists think that Nicolas Cage is an immortal vampire … and here’s why
- China’s vile Yulin dog meat festival may be CANCELLED after 11 million sign petition to stop pooches being slaughtered
- Multi-millionaire Kendall Jenner hunts for bargains round Notting Hill market as she hits the capital for London Fashion Week
- Vulnerable Brits face a nursing home ‘Russian roulette,’ with one in three offering poor care, report reveals
- BOE Member Blasts $11 Million Real Estate Deal
- Will immigration create 11 million Americans?