Business Boeing Co is pushing to speed up assembly of its best-selling 737 jetliner in early summer, two people familiar with the plan said on Monday, as it tries to keep up with soaring global demand and its European rival. 05 Feb 2019 08:25AM Bookmark SEATTLE: Boeing Co is pushing to speed up assembly of its best-selling 737 jetliner in early summer, two people familiar with the plan said on Monday, as it tries to keep up with soaring global demand and its European rival.Boeing aims to begin assembling 57 single-aisle jets per month starting on June 3, up from the current rate of 52, said one of the people.The goal is contingent on the world’s largest planemaker overcoming persistent supplier delays on engines and other issues that have hobbled the 737 factory to varying degrees since last summer, though Boeing says it is making progress.The extra five planes a month is key to Boeing’s effort to raise profit margins on its top-selling jetliner, the company’s largest source of profit. The more planes Boeing makes a month, the less it usually pays suppliers for the parts.It may take some time for new jetliners, which carry a list price of US$100… Read full this story
- China ramped up JF-17 fighter jets' production in 2020: report
- Exclusive: Trump aims to sidestep another arms pact to sell more U.S. drones
- The Style guide to getting the most out of SF’s summer
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: David and Victoria Beckham FINALLY jet off on a luxurious family holiday with the kids as they trade their Cotswolds lockdown bolthole for a private Italian farmhouse to lap up the sunshine in Puglia
- ‘Fastest woman on four wheels’ Jessi Combs killed in high-speed car crash
- Save up to 47% off selected Vileda products in Amazon's Summer Sale - including £7.36 off Vileda Turbo Microfibre Mop and Bucket Set
- Exclusive: GM plans electric van for business users in bid to pre-empt Tesla
- Jurassic World: Dominion will be the FIRST movie to resume production in the UK following COVID-19 shutdown... but will 'implement rigorous safety protocols on set'
- Summer output of grains hits record high
- For American High-Speed Rail, 2020 Could Be Turning Point
Exclusive: Boeing aims to speed 737 jet production in early summer have 364 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at February 4, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.