An Eastbourne high street store has been saved after being sold by administrators. Footwear and fashion retailer tReds was taken over by administrators Ross Connock and Zelf Hussain of PwC on 29 January 2019 following a fall in revenue. Retail company New Gray Ltd completed the purchase of the company on February 8, securing the future of all 21 stores across the UK and its online platform.Administrators insisted the fate of Eastbourne’s Terminus Road store, and its seven employees, was never in doubt and this month’s sale will likely ease any concerns.Ross Connock, PwC director and joint administrator, said: “This deal safeguards the jobs of all 159 members of staff and the continued trading of all 21 stores. In an extremely challenging environment, the sale provides a much needed boost for the retail sector and high street and stability for employees.”A PwC spokesman said that prior to going into administration, tReds had faced similar challenges to those seen across the retail sector, including changing consumer behaviour and economic uncertainty, resulting in reduced revenues. Sussex workers want digital GPs, study reveals
- B&Q and Next reopen websites - all high street stores you can shop at online again
- High street chains slash prices online in a bid to shift stock during lockdown
- Bakery chain Le Pain Quotidien is on brink of collapse putting 500 high street jobs at risk
- High street shops including H&M, Currys and Topshop slash prices by up to 70% online
- Worst decline in retail sales on record putting hundreds of thousands of high street jobs at risk
- Make your work lunch... at home! How to create your favourite high street 'al desko' treats with a few magic ingredients
- Why the home of floaty florals wilted: As Cath Kidston falls victim to the crisis on the High Street
- Topshop boss Philip Green could close over 100 Arcadia stores as the high street takes a battering
- Will shoppers return to the UK high street after lockdown?
- TM Lewin puts itself up for sale as the struggle on the high street continues
Eastbourne high street store saved from administration have 343 words, post on www.eastbourneherald.co.uk at February 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.